DC 37 Is Fired Up and Ready to #RESIST
The White House launched unprecedented assaults against labor and working-class communities nationwide during President Trump’s first 100 days in office. These attacks are continuing and are likely to intensify. DC 37 is fired up and ready to #RESIST!
“At DC 37, we carried out our own 100 Days of Resistance fight-back — and we will not back down in the next four years,” says Executive Director Henry Garrido.
The ‘100 Days of Resistance’ was launched on the eve of Inauguration Day at a 15,000-strong “We Stand United” protest outside Trump International Hotel in New York City.
On Jan. 21, DC 37 activists turned out for the Women’s March on Washington, where half a million people—and millions more in NYC and nationwide—demonstrated against the right-wing agenda embraced by Trump.
In April, union members traveled to Washington, D.C. for the People’s Climate March. And on May 1, DC 37 rallied in New York City with other unions and community allies to defend worker and immigrant rights.
This is just the beginning. DC 37 expects to be very busy with a grassroots counterattack – and every member and retiree should join in and #RESIST!
Raise Your Voices – Stay Informed – Get Active
Do you have ideas about how we can resist? Rallies for DC 37 to join? Actions you can take? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Meanwhile, please stay informed and get involved in the actions listed below.
- DC 37 Blog: Resistance campaign
- Sign up for DC 37 Action Alerts and News
- DC 37 launches “100 Days of Resistance” campaign
Union Strong Fact Sheets
- What Happens When the Union Disappears
- The Extremist Right-Wing Network
- The Disappearing Middle Class
- A History of Helping Working Families
- Our Unfair Economy
- Why unions matter for everyone
- Trump’s wrecking ball on housing
- A “Paquetazo” of pain and privatization in Puerto Rico
- An alliance of anti-labor evil
- The attack on unions…with help from those out to destroy us
- The Supreme Court, working families and the 2016 election