Local 215 Social Service Employees
Beginning Wednesday, January 19, 2022, you can order free rapid COVID-19 test kits through the government at the following website www.covidtests.gov.
A total of four test kits can be ordered per household.
Call 1-800-232-0233 to order the four boxes of free COVID-19 tests.
Feel free to share this information with your family members, relatives and friends.
Local 107 has been unified with Local 215. If you have any questions regarding this matter please contact your union representative at 212-219-0022.
Cooks in our Day Care and Head Start programs:
A refresher workshop in Food Handling Safety will be held February 2nd from 1pm to 3pm.
Test prep workshops for teacher certification exams begin this month.
Test prep workshops for Assistant Teachers begin in February.
Click here to register.
Important Resources for DC 37, Local 215
- UPCOMING WORKSHOPS – State mandated workshops needed for certification.
- GENERAL CLASSES – Preparation classes for NYSTCE certification exams and all other classes.
- CLICK HERE for more information on upcoming workshops and classes.
- Resources for members in DC 37 Non-Profit and Private Sector Locals
- Empire Pandemic Response Reimbursement Fund
- FEMA COVID-19 Burial Aid Program
- NYS Vaccine Info: https://covid19vaccine.health.ny.gov/
- NYS Vaccine Info: https://www1.nyc.gov/site/coronavirus/vaccines/covid-19-vaccines.page/
- Member Resources, American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees (AFSCME)
- The AFSCME Free College Benefit
Who We Are
Local 215 includes the casework and group work agencies throughout the New York Metropolitan Area. Members provide a wide variety of essential services for children, senior citizens and others with special needs or problems.
Many members work in mental health organizations while others attend to the needs of the learning impaired and disabled while others work to place children in foster homes.
Examples of some agencies include and the Hebrew Immigrant Aid Society which work to assist immigrants from all over the world and Sheltering Arms Children Services and the Jewish Board of Family and Children Services which offer numerous services and assistance to clients.
DC 37 is at your service during the COVID-19 pandemic. Click here for more information.
We Work As
Social Services workers.
We Work In
Social Services, Hebrew Immigrant Aid Society, Sheltering Arms Children Services, Jewish Board of Family and Children Services.
In the News