Local 215 Social Service Employees
Support the Fight for Fair Wages
Sign the JUST PAY PETITION
Our fight for fair wages continues. DC 37 is demanding a living wage for private sector homecare, healthcare and daycare essential workers and an end to government exploitation of the Human Services workforce.
If you were unable to attend the March 10 rally at City Hall, you can still make your voice heard. Please add your name to the petition to support our essential home, health, and daycare workers' fight for a livable wage, dignity and respect.
DC 37 and a coalition of unions are demanding a living wage for DC 37's private sector homecare, healthcare and daycare essential workers and an end to government exploitation of the Human Services workforce. For too long unfair practices have resulted in poverty-level wages for Human Services workers under contract with New York City and state agencies. More than 66% of these workers are women and nearly 70% are people of color.
Tell City Hall and Albany not to balance their budgets on the backs of Black, Indigenous and communities of color and low-income neighborhoods. Please support our 17,000 union sisters and brothers in DC 37's nonprofit and private sector locals by calling on our leaders to…
- Establish, fund, and enforce an automatic annual cost-of-living adjustment (COLA) on all human services contracts.
- Set a living wage floor of no less than $21 an hour for all City and State funded human services workers.
- Create, fund, and incorporate a comprehensive wage and benefit schedule for government contracted human services workers comparable to the salaries made by City and State employees in the same field.
Beginning Wednesday, January 19, 2022, you can order free rapid COVID-19 test kits through the government at the following website www.covidtests.gov.
A total of four test kits can be ordered per household.
Call 1-800-232-0233 to order the four boxes of free COVID-19 tests.
Feel free to share this information with your family members, relatives and friends.
Local 107 has been unified with Local 215. If you have any questions regarding this matter please contact your union representative at 212-219-0022.
Cooks in our Day Care and Head Start programs:
A refresher workshop in Food Handling Safety will be held February 2nd from 1pm to 3pm.
Test prep workshops for teacher certification exams begin this month.
Test prep workshops for Assistant Teachers begin in February.
Click here to register.
Important Resources for DC 37, Local 215
- UPCOMING WORKSHOPS – State mandated workshops needed for certification.
- GENERAL CLASSES – Preparation classes for NYSTCE certification exams and all other classes.
- CLICK HERE for more information on upcoming workshops and classes.
- Resources for members in DC 37 Non-Profit and Private Sector Locals
- Mount Sinai Selikoff Centers for Occupational Health
- Empire Pandemic Response Reimbursement Fund
- FEMA COVID-19 Burial Aid Program
- NYS Vaccine Info: https://covid19vaccine.health.ny.gov/
- NYS Vaccine Info: https://www1.nyc.gov/site/coronavirus/vaccines/covid-19-vaccines.page/
- Member Resources, American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees (AFSCME)
- The AFSCME Free College Benefit
Who We Are
Local 215 includes the casework and group work agencies throughout the New York Metropolitan Area. Members provide a wide variety of essential services for children, senior citizens and others with special needs or problems.
Many members work in mental health organizations while others attend to the needs of the learning impaired and disabled while others work to place children in foster homes.
Examples of some agencies include and the Hebrew Immigrant Aid Society which work to assist immigrants from all over the world and Sheltering Arms Children Services and the Jewish Board of Family and Children Services which offer numerous services and assistance to clients.
DC 37 is at your service during the COVID-19 pandemic. Click here for more information.
We Work As
Social Services workers.
We Work In
Social Services, Hebrew Immigrant Aid Society, Sheltering Arms Children Services, Jewish Board of Family and Children Services.
In the News