Dear DC 37 Sisters and Brothers,
Again, a Happy New Year to all! We are sorry we had to reschedule this meeting but the DC 37 Climate Justice Committee is meeting TONIGHT, JANUARY 17th, at 6:00 PM via ZOOM and TELEPHONE.
The Zoom and Telephone links will be sent out shortly before the meeting. If you want to join the meeting but are not on the “Recipient” list for this email, please email me directly and we will send you a link.
The proposed agenda is:
1) Introductions and what you see as Committee goals for 2023
2) Convening a national meeting of AFSCME labor/climate activists
3) How can we make a difference in NYC?
a) Identifying funding for school ventilation and other building retrofits?
b) Working to enforce Local Law 97?
c) Working with other organizations like CW4A to create more public sector jobs?
d) Pushing environmental retrofits in NYCHA buildings?
4) Creating a new event for DC37 member participation, i.e., a Bike Ride, Environmental walk or clean-up, a picnic or boat ride, in-person or video presentation, etc.
5) Discussion on Design/Build and its environmental impacts on NYC
6) Other issues? Establishing priorities
7) Next Meeting – the 1st Tuesday of every month – in this case February 7th
We hope to see you TONIGHT at 6:00 PM on Zoom and Telephone.
DC 37 Climate Justice Committee