Local 215 Social Service Employees
Mental Health Webinar
Please join us on Thursday, March 23 at 6 p.m. for an important webinar on Mental Health. For more information, CLICK HERE.
Important Information Regarding Officers for Local 215 Administrator
May 3, 2022
This information is being posted on the Local 215 website to advise the membership of Local 215 that the following officers were sworn in on May 3, 2022 at a virtual membership meeting
Marisol Arroyo, Senior Administrative Assistant, Jewish Child Care Association (JCCA)
Sherri Holmes, Associate Director of Production, 92nd Street Y
Monique Miller, Development Operations Data Base Coordinator, 92nd Street Y
Danielle Gibbor, Assistant to the Director, Data Management, Union for Reform Judaism
Executive Board Members-at-large
Merion “Panthea” Jones, Medical Driver, Jewish Child Care Association (JCCA)
Donna Sayers, Case Assistant, Jewish Board of Family and Children Services (JBFCS)
Ryan Welles, Administrator, Local 215
Beginning Wednesday, January 19, 2022, you can order free rapid COVID-19 test kits through the government at the following website www.covidtests.gov.
A total of four test kits can be ordered per household.
Call 1-800-232-0233 to order the four boxes of free COVID-19 tests.
Feel free to share this information with your family members, relatives and friends.
Local 107 has been unified with Local 215. If you have any questions regarding this matter please contact your union representative at 212-219-0022.
Important Resources for DC 37, Local 215
- UPCOMING WORKSHOPS – State mandated workshops needed for certification.
- GENERAL CLASSES – Preparation classes for NYSTCE certification exams and all other classes.
- CLICK HERE for more information on upcoming workshops and classes.
- Resources for members in DC 37 Non-Profit and Private Sector Locals
- Mount Sinai Selikoff Centers for Occupational Health
- Empire Pandemic Response Reimbursement Fund
- FEMA COVID-19 Burial Aid Program
- NYS Vaccine Info: https://covid19vaccine.health.ny.gov/
- NYS Vaccine Info: https://www1.nyc.gov/site/coronavirus/vaccines/covid-19-vaccines.page/
- Member Resources, American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees (AFSCME)
Who We Are
Local 215 includes the casework and group work agencies throughout the New York Metropolitan Area. Members provide a wide variety of essential services for children, senior citizens and others with special needs or problems.
Many members work in mental health organizations while others attend to the needs of the learning impaired and disabled while others work to place children in foster homes.
Examples of some agencies include and the Hebrew Immigrant Aid Society which work to assist immigrants from all over the world and Sheltering Arms Children Services and the Jewish Board of Family and Children Services which offer numerous services and assistance to clients.
DC 37 is at your service during the COVID-19 pandemic. Click here for more information.
We Work As
Social Services workers.
We Work In
Social Services, Hebrew Immigrant Aid Society, Sheltering Arms Children Services, Jewish Board of Family and Children Services.
In the News