Public Employee Press
About the union, the city, politics and the economy? Send an e-mail letter to the editor of Public Employee Press at PEPeditor@DC37.net
DC 37 is your union, PEP is your newspaper, and members' letters to the editor on any subject are always welcome. Please be brief and be sure to include your name, job title, local and daytime phone. Letters may be edited for style and length. PEP is the official newspaper of District Council 37, AFSCME, AFL-CIO.
Mar - Apr 2019
PEP Articles on the DC 37 Blog
- Shocked but not surprised: Trump budget is more pain for working families
- Fighting for Equal Pay!
- Sisterhood in Leadership
- Remembering Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Local 1501 Member Wins $9K & Promotion After Illegal WCS Job Recall
- EMS Locals Demand Action on Assaults on First Responders
- Local 1070 Member Pam Fuller Gives Back to Disabled Youth
- Unions to City Hall: Save Jobs, Fund Parks!
- A Generation Rises at Women’s Leadership Graduation
- Union Mourns Its Latino Culture Pioneer
- Union Helps Homeless Member Start Over
- The Union’s Tow Operators Tame City Traffic
- Local 1549 Conference: A Call to Action
DC 37 News
- Local 420 president honored among “50 Over 50”
- Head of Legal Services retires
- Local 2627 honors scholarship winners
- Locals 1508 & 1506 lead Parks Urban Forestry summit
- Union partnership with CUNY provides immigration assistance
- Local 1597 leaders sworn in
- New leadership moves forward at Local 1501
- Garrido speaks at UN conference on inequality
PEP photos by Clarence Elie-Rivera, unless otherwise indicated.