Occupational Safety and Health
The DC 37 Safety and Health Dept. provides the following services:
- Work site inspections,
- Facilitating Labor/Management Safety and Health Committees,
- Designing, developing and implementing safety and health training programs (general membership or title specific),
- Information and research on occupational safety and health topics, including fact sheets on workplace hazards,
- Help with investigation of safety and health grievances and arbitrations,
- Interaction with regulatory agencies charged with protecting workers’ health and safety on the job,
- Occupational safety and health workshops,
- And much more.
For general information on occupational safety and health topics, call us at (212) 815-1685 to see if a fact sheet or booklet is available.
If you have a safety and health problem at work, you should first contact the division union representative assigned to your location. Your DC 37 representative will contact us, and we will assign a safety staff person to investigate the alleged conditions or hazards.
List of Publications
The Occupational Safety and Health Department has published fact sheets, booklets and other written materials, including a special series on Safe Patient Handling for health care workers. For copies, click on the links below.
The last few months have been challenging for New York’s workers as we navigate through the COVID-19 pandemic and the re-opening phases. We want to hear from you.
DC 37 has partnered with @NYCOSH to survey our members for a more detailed look at how the pandemic impacted you and your family, what resources you relied on and which ones you would have found helpful. All responses are completely anonymous.
Please help us by completing this quick and important study that takes less than 10 minutes by SEPT. 18, here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/FN58YFL