Sign up For DC 37 News


DC 37 Health & Security Plan Benefits

Personal Service Unit

1. How do I contact PSU?
Call the Personal Service Unit: (212) 815-1250

Phone-in hours: Monday – Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.

The screening team is staffed by four (4) social workers who are there to respond to requests for assistance. The member may have to call a number of times before getting a social worker due to the large volume of calls coming into the unit.

2. What should I expect when I contact PSU?

The member should be prepared to give a brief description of the issues that he/she is experiencing. The social worker will ask a number of questions in order to obtain a better understanding that will enable us to assist you. The Personal Service Unit may offer either short-term counseling or referrals to services in your community.

All the information gathered is confidential and cannot be shared with anyone outside of PSU without your written permission to do so.

3. Why should someone use PSU?

Job Jeopardy – Problems at work can result in disciplinary action, resulting in a verbal or written warning, charges, or a scheduled hearing. It is to your advantage to contact PSU at the earliest sign of trouble.

Personal and Family Problems – Other reasons members come to PSU include, but are not limited to, personal and family difficulties, alcohol and substance abuse, depression and anxiety, and major life changes.

Group counseling – Periodically, the PSU staff provides group counseling for members with similar needs such as:

  • Wellness Support Group for members who have emotional and/or health related problems.
  • Layoff Support Group

Outreach Program – This program assists:

  • Members on short-term disability in need of assistance
  • Pre-Retirees to prepare for retirement
  • Homebound members and retirees

4. How would I benefit from contacting PSU?

Social Work services at PSU will help you to:

  • Identify your problems
  • Identify the strengths and resources that you already have
  • Identify better ways of coping
  • Locate community resources
  • Obtain counseling or specialize treatment if necessary
Personal Service Unit
Tel. (212) 815-1250
Phone-in hours:
M-F, 9 am – 1 pm