(September 26, 2017 to May 25, 2021)*
1. Term of Contract – 44 months
2. Compounded Wage Increases 2% – September 26, 2017
2.25% – September 26, 2018, compounded 3% – October 26, 2019, compounded. A total of 7.42% in compounded wage increases.
Additions to Gross shall be increased by 3% effective October 26, 2019.
3. Retroactive Pay from the First Day of the Agreement
4. Health Insurance
Continuation of premium-free health plans provided for by the MLC Health Agreement.
5. Additional Compensation Fund (ACF) Fund equaling 0.2% of payroll available to each bargaining unit for negotiations. Effective date: July 26, 2019.
6. Equity Panel
A tripartite panel will examine titles that have recruitment and retention inequities and new job requirements. The total cost of any enhancements shall not exceed 0.2% of payroll. Effective date: July 26, 2019.
7. Education Fund
$100 contribution per year per covered employee to the DC37 Education Fund adding $20 million over the term of the agreement for education programs. Effective date: July 26, 2018.
8. Paid Family Leave Benefit
Public employees** will be covered by the New York State Paid Family Leave Benefit, which provides partially paid leave, health insurance and right to return to work, in order to bond with a newly born, adopted or fostered child; care for a close relative with a serious health condition; or assist loved ones when a family member is deployed abroad on active military service. Paid Leave shall be effective on January 1, 2019 and paid for through a small payroll deduction.
**Cultural and library employees are already participating in this plan.
9. Welfare Fund Contributions
$100 cash payment effective July 1, 2018
$100 cash payment effective July 1, 2019
$50 recurring contribution effective April 26, 2021
10. Direct Deposit
Employees hired after the date of ratification will be enrolled automatically in direct deposit, except for JTPs and Seasonals.
11. Citywide Modifications
Article XII Union Rights and Article IX of the Citywide Working Conditions contract shall expand members’ access to the union.
12. Continuation of All Other Terms of the Previous Economic Agreement
*Effective Dates are different for some contracts.
DC 37 Economic Agreement
The Economic Agreement determines the overall general wage increases for the majority of DC 37 members. It also includes provisions for job security, annuities and privatization.
What agencies are covered?
- Mayoral agencies
- Cultural institutions
- Department of Education
What are the exceptions?
- Certain non-mayoral agencies: In certain non-mayoral agencies like CUNY, workers are not covered by the economic contract. Contact your union representative or local president for more information.
- Prevailing rate workers: Wages and benefits are covered under separate agreements called Comptroller’s Determinations. Contact your union representative or local president for more information. (See also the NYC Comptroller’s website)