Quality of Work Life Program
The Quality of Life Program is a joint labor-management program that was established to bring together representatives of city agencies and union members in a cooperative setting to address worksite improvement and empowerment issues.
QWL activities include
- Agency employee recognition events acknowledging longevity of service and perfect attendance.
- Education and health fairs.
- Lunchtime seminars on a range of work-related topics such as retirement, stress management, workplace technology and conflict resolution.
- Worksite improvement committees that focus on reducing paperwork, reviewing machinery and other areas of member concern.
- Informational newsletters.
QWL Committees meet monthly. For more information on joining the program, call (212) 815-1095.