Local 95 Head Start Employees
Important Notice to Members of Local 95 New York City Head Start Members Who Participate in the Head Start Sponsoring Board Pension Program
Members Diagnosed with COVID-19 to Apply for Workers’ Comp
While the union does not provide legal representation in Workers Compensation matters, we advise members to file paperwork if you contracted COVID-19 while on the job, or in th line of duty. If you would like to consult with an attorney, you are free to choose any attorney you wish to represent you in a Workers’ Comp claim. For a list of Workers’ Compensation attorneys, please CLICK HERE.
Contact Information and Resources for DC 37, Local 95
- Linda McPherson, President of Local 95: Lmcpherson@dc37.net
- DC 37 Non-Profit and Private Sector Local 95 website Address: www.dc37.net/about/locals/local95
- Resources for members in DC 37 Non-Profit and Private Sector Locals
- Empire Pandemic Response Reimbursement Fund
- FEMA COVID-19 Burial Aid Program
- NYS Vaccine Info: https://covid19vaccine.health.ny.gov/
- NYS Vaccine Info: https://www1.nyc.gov/site/coronavirus/vaccines/covid-19-vaccines.page/
- Member Resources, American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees (AFSCME)
- The AFSCME Free College Benefit
Who We Are
More than 2,000 Head Start employees, who work at over 200 centers throughout New York City and Long Island, are members of Local 95. This program has been the nation’s premier early childhood education program.
Rather than concentrating solely on the child, Head Start focuses on the whole family, making sure that parents receive help with a wide range of family needs from housing to employment to parenting education. This pioneering education program has earned the respect and support from all sectors of U.S. society – Democrats and Republicans, business and labor.
Yet, despite the program’s proven record of success, most Head Start workers throughout the country are paid close to the minimum wage. However, because of its strength and organization, Local 95 members are among the best compensated Head Start employees in the nation. This local, for example, has successfully negotiated for a pension plan for its members with full credit for back service. This victory and other gains at the bargaining table have shown others the benefits of joining a union.
DC 37 is at your service during the COVID-19 pandemic. Click here for more information.
We Work As
Head Start employees.
We Work In
The New York City Early-Learn programs.
In the News