DC 37 Civil Service Committee
SSEU Local 371, Chair
Meetings scheduled for the 2nd Wednesday of the month.
October – Civil Service Month
To insure that the Civil Service System remains a viable and vibrant entity in New York City government.
- To educate members about their rights under civil service.
- To inform our members about problems within the civil service system.
- To maintain civil service regulations and take corrective measures when they are violated.
- To reduce the number of per diems and provisionals in city service.
- To ensure that civil service examinations are fair, relevant, and given on a timely basis.
- To insure that hiring conforms to the current rules and regulations of the civil service system.
- To increase the awareness of Civil Service Month – October.
- To provide information and referrals to our members, when appropriate.