DC 37 Pride Diversity Interest Group (PDIG) Committee
President, Local 3005
President, Local 768
Meetings are scheduled for the 2nd Monday of the Month (except July and August). Until further notice, all meetings will be virtual.
DC 37 established the Lesbian and Gay Issues Committee (LAGIC) in April 1990, extending the union’s commitment to uphold the civil and human rights of all workers.
In March of 2022, LAGIC officially changed its name to Pride Diversity Interest Group (PDIG). The LGBTQIA++ community is forever evolving so the committee decided to change its name to become more inclusive by allowing all DC 37 members to feel welcomed in joining.
PDIG supports all union members in the lesbian, gay, bi, transgender and queer (LGBTQ) family by increasing their visibility, affirming their dignity, and promoting a non-homophobic workplace environment. PDIG heightens awareness of LGBTQ issues by sponsoring educational forums and participating in union activities.
PDIG sponsors educational, political and social events and participates in community activities of interest to LGBTQ union members. Our goals are to:
- Eradicate homophobia and discrimination in the workplace.
- Assist LGBTQ members with grievances related to workplace discrimination.
- Educate DC 37 members regarding LGBTQ issues in the labor movement.
- Monitor and lobby for all legislation affecting LGBTQ rights, including statewide and federal anti-bias legislation and anti-bullying legislation.
- Assist and advocate for all DC37 members with HIV-related concerns.
- Embrace the youth of our members by holding educational seminars and rap groups concerning peer pressure, sexually transmitted diseases, bullying, etc.
- Conduct community outreach.