The official publication of District Council 37. Click the links below to view articles in the latest edition.
Public Employee Press
About the union, the city, politics and the economy? Send an e-mail letter to the editor of Public Employee Press at PEPeditor@DC37.net
DC 37 is your union, PEP is your newspaper, and members' letters to the editor on any subject are always welcome. Please be brief and be sure to include your name, job title, local and daytime phone. Letters may be edited for style and length. PEP is the official newspaper of District Council 37, AFSCME, AFL-CIO.
July – Aug 2018
PEP Articles on the DC 37 Blog
- Vote “Yes” on the Contract
- Saving Our Public Housing
- Trump and Labor: A Betrayal
- A Culture of Organizing
- Our Union, Our Power
- Statin coverage now compliant with Obamacare
- Local Presidents Administer Exam for Parks Dept.’s Arborist Jobs
- Rookie of the Year Helps Find Where the Wild Things Are
- City Honors Fallen EMT Heroine Yadira Arroyo
- Mayor and City Council Adopt 2019 Budget
- Caribbean Heritage Celebration Highlights Politics and Citizenship
DC 37 News
- Union to H+H: curb temp use, convert to full-time jobs
- Members engage leaders at union town halls
- Union backs childcare pilot program for city employees
- Taking on clean up at Bronx’s “needle park”
- Summer fun!
DC 37 has your back
- Member vindicated after rights violated
- 45 temps get full-time New York City H+H jobs
- Member promoted with $7,000 back pay
Our Cultural Diversity
- EMS Museum reopens in Bayside
- Local 768 member honored
- Legal staff meets with members
- Local 1407 leaders are sworn in
PEP photos by Clarence Elie-Rivera, unless otherwise indicated.